Nature of Work:
This is work managing landscaping and groundskeeping for the university.
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures.
- Develops plans for landscaping/groundskeeping activities.
- Collaborates with project engineers, architects, and maintenance on matters related to landscaping/groundskeeping.
- Insures work activities and project development and completion are consistent with overall landscape scheme, policies, procedures, and legal constraints.
- Prepares and administers budgets for department.
- Prepares reports on departmental activities.
- Oversees the construction and repair of sidewalks, fences and related structures.
- May initiate purchase requisitions.
A high school diploma and five years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.