Florida Fund for Minority Teachers
Individuals who are selected for the Florida Fund for Minority Teachers must:
- Be a resident of the State of Florida.
Be a member of one of the following racial groups: African
American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or
American Indian/Alaskan Native.
- Be newly admitted into a teacher education program at any of FFMT's participating universities/colleges.
- Be a junior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in education.
- Have earned 60 credit hours or an AA degree.
Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at
the time of application (includes current semester enrollment).
The annual amount of the Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is $4,000. Awards are only disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters, in the amount of $2,000 per semester. Students may be eligible to receive the scholarship for up to two consecutive years.
Download the application from
www.ffmt.org but submit your
documents to: University of North Florida Dr.
(904) 620-2530 in the office of