Club Funding

Student Government Funding:

Student Government (SG) Funding is not mandatory for any Registered Student Organization, but if an RSO would like to receive funding, they must comply with the SG Title VIII: Finance Code and Provisionary Language, and Title XI: The Executive Agency Statute found on the Student Government Website.


Clubs can also fundraise or collect on their own time to gain funding. There are some restrictions throughout the university, so it’s best to ask before you do those on campus.

Apply for Student Government Funding

RSOs must be funding eligble: The club's president and treasurer must pass the Student Government funding quiz listed on Canvas with an 80% or higher.


There are three different types of SG Funding: 
1. Grant Request: Clubs that are Funding Eligible can submit this form  to request up to $1000 from the Club Funding Board.


2. Travel Request: Clubs in good standing can submit this form to request travel funding from the Budget and Allocations Committee. 


3. Special Request: Clubs in good standing can submit this form to request non standard purchases more than $1000  from the Budget and Allocations Committee.

Apply for a Grant Request:


 Funding Timeline 

Expend Funds:

Submit a Purchase Request to the Business & Accounting Office.


This request tells the Business & Accounting Office to reimburse you, or pay a vendor.

Be sure to follow the timeline for your request, and run any questions by the Club Accounting Associate.



Receipts for reimbursement must be turned in with the Purchase Request no more than 10 business days after the purchase.

Athletic equipment must also be approved by the Club Sports Coordinator: Ray Bunch.


Funding Questions and Concerns:

Lost track of how much funding your club has been allocated? Don't remember your Grant Request approval number? 

Contact Erica Calorel at for all questions regarding your club's SG funding.


SG Funding Forms and Documents








           Grant Request 


Use this form to request up to $1,000 from the Club Funding Board. The Club Funding board may decide that your request must be approved through the Budget & Allocations Committee.


Travel Request

Use this form to request travel funding from the Budget & Allocations Committee. RSOs can request up to $2,000 per fiscal year, but no more than $500 per individual.


Special Request

Use this form to request non-travel funding from the Budget & Allocations Committee. This request is typically used for non-standard purchases (ex: wrestling mats costing more than $1,000 total).


Purchase Request


Use this form to expend any funds that your organization has been allocated. You can request for SG to make a purchase order to a vendor, or to reimburse a club member.

Printed materials are NOT reimbursable. Only the Business & Accounting Office may initiate the order process (completed through a purchase order).



Additional Forms and Documents


These forms and documents might help a club with SG Funding, and can help a club receive funding outside of student government.






Budget Tracker

Clubs can download and fill out this tracker to better manage their finances.


Preferred Vendors

This is a list of preferred vendors for ordering any type of marketing, graphics, or printed materials.


Cottage Food

UNF has strict regulations on serving and selling food. There is a law that allows students to serve and sell specific types of foods, as long as they are individually packaged and labeled. See the link for all the info on this legislation.