FIE Doctoral Student Research Assistants
Building upon FIE’s mission of improving education at all levels, FIE has developed a tradition of supporting the research of doctoral students enrolled in the University of North Florida’s Educational Leadership program. Doctoral Student Research Assistants (DSRA) gain the opportunity to work with highly-respected, knowledgeable FIE staff and to use their education in a research-oriented organization. FIE staff directly work with DSRAs in the capacity of mentoring, knowledge-building, and further developing and refining their research skills.FIE promotes DSRA research with several activities such as sponsoring a research symposium each spring for DSRA work and encourages DSRAs to present papers at various educational conferences throughout the year. FIE supports DSRAs with other advanced educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge and leadership abilities.Listed below are current and previous DSRAs along with the FIE Advisory Board that supports their research efforts.
- Dissertation topic: Theory and Application of Collaborative Evaluation
BS from University of North Florida
MPH from University of North Florida
Current employment: Health-Tech Consultants, Inc.
- Dissertation topic:
Urban schools/school consolidation
BA in History-University of Missouri-Kansas City
MS in Education-Nova Southeastern University
Current employment: Assistant Principal-Eugene J. Butler Middle School, Duval County Public Schools
- Dissertation Topic – Preschool Education in Belize: Research on the Current Status and Implications for the Future, 2008 B.S. University of North Florida in Belize M.Ed. University of North Florida in Belize Ed.D. University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Currently Employed – University of Belize , Faculty Member in Education
- Dissertation Title - Assessing the Impact of a Visual Arts Family-Focused Pre-kindergarten Intervention, 2006 B.A. Jacksonville University M.Ed. University of North Florida Ed. S. University of Florida Ed.D. University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Currently Employed – Private Consultant, Children’s Author, Visiting Professor at the University
of North Florida, College of Education and Human Services
- Dissertation Title - Learning the ABCs: Family Involvement in Kindergarten Literacy, 2005 B.A. University of Florida M.Ed. University of Florida Ed.D. University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Currently Employed – Primary teacher, St. Johns County Public Schools
- Dissertation Topic – A Review of TAP Programs in Florida: Do Program Components Match Student Outcomes?, 2009 B.S. The Ohio State University M.Ed. Cleveland State University Ed.D. University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Currently Employed – Adjunct Faculty and Community Volunteer
- Dissertation Title - Assessing the Impact of Family Coaching on Parental Attitudes and Behaviors, 2007 B.S. Savannah State College M.A.T. Jacksonville University Ed.D University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Currently Employed – Private Education Consultant, Turnaround Solutions, Inc., Jacksonville
Dr. Afesa Adams PhD.Dr. Katherine Kasten PhD.Dr. Cheryl Fountain EdD.Dr. Stephanie Wehry PhD.
Copyright © 2014 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000