ELLM/Plus Training: Introduction and Overview/One-Day
ELLM/Plus One–Day (6 hours) Introduction and Overview Training is designed to help participants implement ELLM/Plus in their classrooms. Participants will learn to use strategies designed to increase children’s literacy and language experiences through interactive read-alouds, whole and small group learning strategies, and create classrooms environments where children learn to play and play to learn.
- Using the ELLM/Plus Monthly Instructional Packets to organize and implement literacy and language instruction each day
- Setting up classrooms that promote learning and positive interactions
- Planning and scheduling daily learning activities
- Helping children build their background knowledge and vocabulary
- Using informal assessment to scaffold learning
- Promoting children’s language and literacy development through adult-child and child-child conversations
- Connecting home and school learning
Please call Howaida Mousa, Senior Grants Specialist, (904.620.2496) for Registration Information
*Training outside the Jacksonville area requires travel costs determined by length and location of training.