The latest national report on Study Abroad showed that more than 144,000 students from colleges and universities across the United States went overseas to earn credit during their academic year. Are YOU interested in joining this international group?
Use the following links to explore other study abroad opportunities.
1. Florida State University System: Check these sites out first, especially if you are a Florida resident. Also useful if you are receiving Florida financial aid. You would fill out a concurrent enrollment form here at UNF and enroll as a transient student at the other school.
Florida International University
Florida State University
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
University of South Florida
University of West Florida
2. Study Abroad Reference/Search Sites: If you haven't found a program you like, these sites have large databases that can let you search for a program by country, by field of study, by term length, etc. NOTE: Some are easier to use than others.
National Security Education Program
Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI)
CEA Global Education
3. Other Study Abroad Organizations: Institutions that help students enroll directly at international universities or that have their own study centers around the world.
British Universities Transatlantic Exchange
Council on International Educational Exchange
The International Partnership for Service-Learning and Leadership
Study abroad programs in Europe and southern Africa
Lexia Study Abroad Programs
National Registration Center for Study Abroad
Semester at Sea
University Studies Abroad Consortium
Academic Programs International
Academic Studies Abroad (ASA)
CAPA International Education
Global Student Experience Abroad
The School for Field Studies
4. Practical Information: Two good sources for information and guidelines for Study Abroad:
Basic Facts on Study Abroad a jointly sponsored document by the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), the Institute of International Education (IIE), and NAFSA: Association of International Educators © Copyright: CIEE, IIE and NAFSA.
Student Guide Written by Bill Hoffa, one of the leading experts in this field, the information should prove very useful regardless of your destination.
5. Passport: To apply for a passport, visit the U.S. Department of State website.
6. International Student Identification Cards: Available at the UNF International Center for $22. For more information, visit International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
Copyright © 2014 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Contact | Emergency | Privacy | RegulationsDisability Accommodations