Special Summer Graduate Program
The Special Summer Program for minority graduate students at the University of North Florida is an excellent program sponsored by Intercultural Center for PEACE.
The objectives of the Special Summer Graduate Program (SSGP) are:
- Early adjustment to the University of North Florida graduate programs,
- Review of the skills essential for success in graduate school,
- Acquirement of knowledge regarding nonacademic services and relevant organizations
- Development of a viable student network.
Program Admission Requirements
- Minority Student and Resident of the State of Florida
- Formal application to a graduate program through the UNF Admissions Office
- Full or conditional admission to a graduate program at UNF
- Completion of zero to twelve hours of graduate course work
- Enrollment in a minimum of 3 graduate credit hours in the summer
- Submission of at least two letters of recommendation other than those submitted directly to the University.
- Submission of a one page typed narrative addressing: "Why I Want a Graduate Education."
- First time SSGP Participant
A scholarship will be awarded to students who actively participate in and complete all six SSGP class sessions, program activities, and earn at least an "A" or "B" grade in their summer course. The number of scholarships are limited for summer A and B students.
The application deadline is Friday, May 2, 2014. Please call (904) 620-2475 if you have any questions.
The program takes place during the summer. The 2014 dates are: June 7- July 19 ( there will be a break for the July 4th weekend) .
Phone: (904) 620-2475