This program is not currently accepting applications.
Except in rare cases, applications are accepted
for fall term only.
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Admits during fall term only
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements:
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions
- Letter of Intent stating:
- career goals
- areas of interest
- reasons for pursuing an M.A. in Practical Philosophy and Applied Ethics
- Three letters of references
- Writing sample (10-20 pages)
Students should be aware that admission into any graduate program is granted on a competitive basis. Students meeting minimum requirements may be denied admission based on such factors as program capacity or academic discretion. Likewise, students may be considered for admission as an exception if stated admissions criteria are not met.
For more information on how to apply click here.
Additional requirements for International applicants can be found here.
The M.A. in Practical Philosophy and Applied Ethics seeks to foster application of ethical and philosophical knowledge to concerns in social, political, economic, and cultural life. The primary objective is to offer practically oriented but philosophically grounded expertise in ethics and normative theory generally.
Special Notes about the Program
There are very few practical philosophy & applied ethics programs in the world. UNF's graduate program in philosophy is the only one of its kind in the state of Florida.
Curriculum and Requirements
of the Program
This program offers an internship option; more information can be found through the Graduate Catalog or by speaking with the Graduate Program Director.