College of Computing, Engineering and Construction Criteria for Graduate Faculty
Graduate faculty teach graduate courses (courses at the 5000 level or above), supervise and serve on thesis committees for master's degree students, and vote on all matters presented to the Graduate Faculty.
A graduate faculty member must:
- Hold the minimum rank of assistant professor at the University of North Florida;
- Hold the terminal degree, or its equivalent, normally accepted for academic appointment in the discipline;
- Be tenured or tenure earning;
- Be involved in graduate teaching and/or research;
- Have demonstrated clear evidence of scholarly activity; and
- Be recommended by the faculty of the academic program, the Dean of the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction and approved by the Graduate Council.
Non-graduate faculty with appropriate credentials and experience may be nominated on a course by course basis to teach specific graduate courses, subject to review by the Graduate Council.