To strategically plan, lead, educate, advance, sustain, and foster equity, access, diversity, and inclusion throughout the university community.
The Department of Equal Opportunity and Diversity believes that cultivating and maintaining a robust educational environment where the dignity and well-being of individuals engaged in teaching, learning, leadership, conducting business, and other pursuits should be mutually respected.
Civility and Collegiality: Engaging with university community members in a manner conducive to transparency, trust, and respect towards a common purpose inclusive of broad-based ideals, experiences, and knowledge without regard to one’s race, religion, gender expression/identity, marital status, national origin, or other factors associated with discrimination in intent or effect.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: Pursuing truth and knowledge in addressing and meeting the needs of, and opportunities for, students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors while embracing their unique ideologies and individualism when participating in the university community.
Accountability and Responsiveness: Providing timely services in a collaborative, honest, and ethical manner notwithstanding academic, intellectual, and artistic freedom.
Non-Discrimination, ADA-Section 504 Compliance, and Title IX Administration
Leads Equal Opportunity (EO) compliance and diversity university-wide for students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
- Educational outreach and training employment-related equity, access, Title IX compliance, and compliance postings;
- Analytics and reporting develops and distributes the University's Affirmative Action Plan and Florida Equity Report. In addition to transactional reports of ongoing daily EOD functions;
- Conflict resolution mediation, facilitation, and/or investigation of complaints for students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors;
- Policy(ies), regulations(s), and procedure(s) monitoring implementation, evaluating relevancy, and recommending new or updates for compliance;
- Search and screen process engagement from training to execution for faculty (all) and administrative and professional recruitment (directors and above), and overarching;
- Title IX Committee administration;
- Committee(s) service to include Compliance, Ethics and Risk Oversight Committee (CEROC), CEROC Advisory Board, Clery Act Committee, and Student Affairs Title IX Triage Committee.
Diversity and Inclusion
Strives to achieve a vibrant, authentic, and robust diversity and inclusion presence throughout UNF for employment, recruitment, procurement, and other educational programs, services, and activities.
- Educational outreach and training employment-related equity, access, Title IX compliance, diversity and inclusion, and compliance postings;
- Consultation available to members f the University community regarding steps and measures to handle needs and functions under the auspices of EOD;
- Departmental reorganization/ restructuring upon request to ensure the nonexistence of unintentional disparity or discrimination;
- EEO reviews and impact statements for new degree programs, termination of degrees, limited access programs, and salary equity matters;
- Committee(s) service to include the President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion (CODI) Steering Committee.
Special Reports and Publications
Click on the images below to learn more about UNF's recent diversity awards.