Policies & Regulations
Major Revision of Existing Policy
Minor/Technical Revision of Existing Policy
Reaffirmation of Existing Policy
I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
To articulate the position of the University of North Florida on distance learning education.
II. STATEMENT OF POLICY
The University of North Florida supports the development of distance learning courses for the purpose of meeting the needs of our existing students in a manner that is consistent with our mission. In doing so, distance learning at UNF will:
- Employ the best pedagogical practices based on the existing research literature
- Be developed for courses in which distance learning technologies are compatible with the highest level of student learning, interaction and engagement
- Be developed for courses primarily at the upper-division and graduate level with enrollments that ensure the highest level of student interaction and engagement
- Be developed to increase access for existing students through alternative scheduling options, particularly during the summer term
- Be developed to enhance the ability of students to construct fulltime class schedules thus expediting time-to-graduation (and improving UNF's graduation rates)
III. STATEMENT OF PROCEDURES
The Distance Learning Committee is charged with developing policies and procedures that are consistent with, and that will advance, the purpose and goals stated above. These recommendations should be forwarded to the Faculty Association and Academic Affairs for review and approval.