Student Financial Services Office Policies: Fee Refunds
All students incur a liability for all credit hours that remain on the students' schedule at the end of the official add/drop period. If a student officially drops a class during the add/drop week (first week of the semester) a full refund for that course(s) will be issued to the student. Students can drop courses in person or via myWings web portal. A full refund will also be made for University cancellation of courses or denial of a student's admission to a course. Courses dropped within this period will not appear on the student's transcript.
Students who withdraw completely from all of their classes by the end of the fourth week of classes will receive a 25 percent refund. There is no refund unless the student completely withdraws from the University. This policy only applies to the fall, spring and summer C terms. There is no 25 percent refund for the summer terms A and B. This refund is dependent on a student officially withdrawing by written notice to the Registrar. Please note that if you withdraw from one or more classes (partial withdrawal) there is no refund. If your fees were pended, you are still responsible for payment even though you withdraw.
Full refunds on tuition may be granted in instances of withdrawal from the university under the following conditions by filing a Fee Petition:
- Student's involuntary call to active military duty
- Death of the student or a member of the student's immediate family (parent, spouse, child, sibling)
- Incapacitating illness of such duration or severity, as confirmed in writing by a physician, that completion of the term is impossible
- A situation in which the university is in error
To file a fee petition, a student, or someone acting on the student's behalf with written authorization, must:
- Officially withdraw from the course(s) for which the petition applies
- Complete a fee petition online via myWIngs (forms) and attach documentation supporting one of the conditions indicated above
- Students will receive an e-mail confirming they've successfully submitted their petition
- Petitioner will be notified via e-mail of the committee's decision
- Students must file within six (6) months of the assessment of the fee(s) in question (per Board of Governors Tuitionand Fee Regulation #7.002(11). Petitioning for a refund is not a guarantee that a refund will be approved
- Students must formally withdraw from course(s) online or at the One-Stop Office for all requests concerning tuition
- A written explanation and documentation MUST be attached and is required in ALL CASES
- The provision governing refunds is established by the Board of Trustees and is outlined in the University Catalog.
- Beginning March 24, 2011 petititons must be submitted online via myWings
- The Repeat Surcharge is NOT petitionable
- Miscellaneous fees such as Orientation, ID or WOW are NOT petitionable
- Late payment fees are only waived for certain reasons such as: documented University error, documented administrative error, or documented extraordinary circumstances such as severe illness, a death in the family or natural disaster. Supporting documentation is required and tuition must be paid before submitting a request to waive the late payment fee
- The late payment fee may not be waived due to: lack of funds, unawareness of deadlines, unawareness of acceptable payment types, or Internet connectivity issues
- Tuition fee refunds provided to students will be processed against any outstanding tuition assessments prior to remitting a refund to the student
- The decision of the fee committee is final
For additional information, questions or concers, please contact us.