ITS By The Numbers - 2012
Information Technology Services’ mission is to acquire, implement and support information technology that enhances the educational, research, service, and administrative activities of students, faculty, and staff. Below are some numbers that reflect a portion of their work effort in 2012.
- ITS received 30,000 service requests in 2012. This was an average of over 80 requests per day.
- ITS maintains 960 Wireless Access Points throughput the campus.
- ITS supports 86 technology-equipped classrooms throughout the campus.
- 15,672 students were enrolled in at least one Blackboard course site in 2012.
- 710 faculty members requested and used at least one Blackboard course site in 2012.
- There are currently 16,294 UNF web pages supported in the Content Management System. This includes 172 UNF web sites.
- 86 requests for local administrator rights on a UNF-owned computer were received from faculty in 2012.
- The Mathews General Purpose Computer lab provides 71 computers for student use.
- ITS supports 2,750 telephone lines, of which 2,100 are digital and 650 analog.
- Over six million network attacks were blocked for the entire campus during one month.
- Students, faculty, and staff used myUNFID 92,000 times to change or reset their password in 2012.
- ITS has added over one million lines of programming code to Banner to enhance functionality.
- ITS has added 564 Self-Service Applications to Banner to enhance functionality.
- 407,127 documents were added to Oracle I/PM (document imaging system) in 2012.
- ITS completed 111 projects in 2012.