Supporting our Students (SOS)
The Supporting Our Students(SOS) Team is comprised of faculty and staff whose role is to identify and intervene in situations involving students who may exhibit behaviors of concern.
- Behavior that causes concern due to its unusual or alarming nature
- Expressed intent or attempt to harm self or others
- Disturbance in which the rights of others are violated
- Drug or alcohol overdose or abuse
- Inability to cope with the learning or living environment to the extent that an inordinate amount of resources are used to address the situation
- Inability to satisfy basic personal needs such that there is a reasonable possibility that serious physical harm or death might occur.
Anyone who identifies potentially disruptive or disturbing student behavior is asked to contact the Office of the Dean of Students or the Campus Police.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Office of the Dean of Students at (904) 620-1491
Evenings & Weekends
University Police Department at (904) 620-2800