Bachelor of Music Performance: Strings
The Music Performance in Strings curriculum prepares students for a life in music. Graduates hold positions in all aspects of the music industry, including performing in the nation's top professional and military ensembles, composing and arranging for the industry's leading artists, touring internationally, and serving as leading pedagogues in music education.
- Prepare a solo of appropriate difficulty. Auditions
should display musical maturity through expression, technique and stylistic
interpretation. Solos need not be memorized but should reflect a high degree of
familiarity and careful preparation by the performer. The use of an accompanist
is optional, but recommended.*
- Auditionees will be asked to perform major and minor
scales and arpeggios in various keys.
- Auditionees will be required to sight-read.
- Auditionees will be expected to demonstrate knowledge
of common musical terms and symbols, keys, and time signatures.
- Upon arrival to UNF, accepted auditionees who
submitted recordings must demonstrate abilities required by items 2, 3 and 4