To be considered for entrance into the UNF School of Music, you must apply separately to the University's admissions department and also to the UNF School of Music via a live or taped audition. Specific audition requirements and procedures are outlined in the UNF School of Music Student Handbook. We are fortunate to be able to offer many talent‐based and academic scholarships every year, including tuition waivers, to qualified new and returning students. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a music student at the University of North Florida, please contact us at (904) 620‐2960.
Admission and Scholarship Auditions
Admission and Scholarship auditions for the academic year are listed below. Please complete and submit the UNF School of Music admission application here. Upon receipt of your admission application, the UNF School of Music will contact you to schedule an individual audition based on the date indicated on your application. Prospective students who have not scheduled an audition a week prior to their desired audition date should contact the music office at (904) 620‐2960.
In order to be considered for a scholarship award, the student must provide at least one letter of recommendation. This letter should evaluate the student’s work ethic, and their ability to successfully complete a Bachelor’s Degree in music. The letter should be written by a teacher familiar with the student’s work habits. This letter should be mailed to: UNF School of Music, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224-2659, Attention: Dr. Nick Curry
2017 - 2018 Audition Dates
October 7, 2017
January 20, 2018
February 17, 2018
March 17, 2018
Important things to remember:
- Apply to UNF as early as possible in the fall of your senior year of high school. UNF offers academic scholarships based on GPA and test scores, you must apply by the November deadline to be eligible.
- Acceptance into the UNF School of Music is different from acceptance into UNF. You must audition for School of Music acceptance and scholarship consideration.
- General audition requirements and specific audition advice is available by contacting the professor who teaches your instrument/voice.
- Students can schedule an appointment with UNF Admissions to take a campus tour and can also set up an appointment to meet with music faculty and tour the music facilities. Some faculty members may be available to give a complementary lesson during your visit.
- UNF School of Music consists of highly talented and motivated students learning in a focused, intimate environment. Acceptance to the department is based on the incoming students ability to meet expectations for enrollment and availability for new students in teaching studios.