Outdoor Gear Check-out
UNF Student Government initiated and funded program which began in 2001 and is continually growing. It is one of the few student outdoor gear check-out programs in the country that is free of cost. It also takes pride in its close relationship and services to the customer helping them find and plan their next adventure.
Policies & Procedures
Location and Hours
- Gear checkout is open Monday-Saturday 12-5 pm, Lake Oneida and gear return both close at 4:30 pm (gear checkout closed during observed UNF holidays and intersession periods.)
- UNF Eco Adventure and John M. Golden Education Pavilion are located in Building 54/Lot 100, next to parking services.
- Student must be a currently enrolled student
- Students are limited to one canoe, paddleboard (Lake Oneida only) or kayak per ID.
- Items can be rented for week. Within that week the student may renew the gear if they bring the gear back along with their ID to extend their checkout. Anytime beyond those two weeks items are subject to late fees.
- Any and all Damages must be noted prior to check-out
- All equipment must be returned during regular operating hours and in person by the person that rented the gear. Any equipment returned or left at the rental counter during non-operating hours will not be returned and late fees will accumulate until the equipment is returned in person and during operating hours.
- Return Equipment to Eco Adventure only during business hours.
- Please arrive a minimum of 30 minutes before closing time
- Please allow an approximate 15 minutes to check your equipment.
- All pieces of gear must be present or gear will not be accepted as returned
- Gear must be return by same user that checked it out.
- All late fees will be charged on student’s myWings accounts.
- Late Fees are $10.00 per day per items checked out.
- If Fees exceed 10 working days or total worth of equipment is established in late fees, the total amount for the gear will be charged to the respective myWings account
- Returned items are expected reasonably clean and dry
- Do not wash or dry sleeping bags
UNF Eco Adventure
Building 54 / Lot 100