Academic Affairs Strategic Plan
The mission of Academic Affairs is to facilitate the critical pursuit of knowledge in an environment of civility and tolerance by providing excellent educational opportunities for all UNF students through a focused use of resources in scholarly programs that have relevance to the broad range of constituencies served by the university and that are subject to rigorous and ongoing scrutiny and improvement.
The following nine goals derive from the Board of Governors 2012-2025 Strategic Plan.
Goal 1: Strengthen Quality and Reputation of Academic Programs: Improve the quality and relevance of all academic programs, and grow the number of academic programs with state, national, and/or international preeminence.
- Maintain program accreditation (BOG Metric 1.4) - Operational
- Monitor duplicative programs for possible corrective action (BOG Metric 2.5) - Operational
Goal 2: Increase Degree Productivity and Program Efficiency : Increase access and degree completion for students, including students from traditionally underrepresented groups, returning adult students, and distance learning students.
- Monitor duplicative programs for possible corrective action (BOG Metric 2.5) - Operational [Goal 1]
- Promote and support NCAT redesign efforts (BOG Metric 2.1-2.5, UNF Metric 1) - Operational
- Review data analytic programs for possible adoption (BOG Metric 2.1-2.5,UNF Metric 1) - Strategic
- Review policies and practices which delay graduation or prevent seamless transfer (BOG Metric 2.1-2.5, UNF Metric 1) - Strategic
- Support distance learning courses and programs (BOG Metric 2.9) - Operational
Goal 3: Increase the Number of Degrees Awarded in STEM and Other Areas of Strategic Emphasis: Increase student access and success in degree programs in STEM fields and other areas of strategic emphasis that respond to existing, evolving, and emerging critical needs and opportunities.
- Promote and support NCAT redesign efforts (BOG Metric 2.1-2.5, UNF Metric 1) - Operational [Goal 2]
Goal 4: Strengthen the Quality and Reputation of Scholarship, Research, and Innovation: Improve the quality and impact of scholarship, research, and commercialization activities, and grow the number of faculty/departments/centers recognized for their scholarship, research, and commercialization endeavors.
- Continue to fund faculty development (BOG Metric 5.1) - Operational
Goal 5: Increase Research and Commercialization Activity: Increase research and commercialization activities to help foster entrepreneurial campus cultures. Increase undergraduate participation in research to strengthen the pipeline of researchers pursuing graduate degrees.
- Continue to fund faculty development (BOG Metric 5.1) - Operational [Goal 4]
- Establish new multi-disciplinary grant opportunity (BOG Metric 5.1) - Strategic
- Prioritize Undergraduate Research in TLO allocation and summer grants (BOG Metric 5.4) - Strategic
- Review potential "skunkworks" or innovation center (BOG Metric 5.1, 5.3) - Strategic
Goal 6: Increase Collaboration and External Support for Research Activity: Attract more research funding from external (includes federal and private sources). Promote more collaboration with private industry on research projects.
- Develop program "constellations" (BOG Metric 3.2) - Strategic
- Implement where prioritized, recommendations from SRA report for effecitive management of ORSP (BOG Metric 6.1) - Operational
Goal 7:Strengthen the Quality and Recognition of Commitment to Community and Business Engagement: Improve the quality and relevance of public service activities and increase the recognition of commitment to community and business engagement.
- Support CBL efforts including funding opportunities (BOG Metric 7.1) - Operational
- Advance student internship opportunities (BOG Metric 8.1, UNF Metric 2.1) - Strategic
Goal 8: Increase Levels of Community and Business Engagement: Increase faculty and student involvement in community and business engagement activities.
- Advance student internship opportunities (BOG Metric 8.1, UNF Metric 2.1) - Strategic [Goal 7]
Goal 9: Increase Community and Business Workforce: Increase the percentage of graduates who continue their education or are employed in Florida.
View the University of North Florida's entire Strategic Planning document.