Undergraduate, degree-seeking students attempting their first baccalaureate degree may request term forgiveness for one term at UNF.
1. A student granted term forgiveness may not exercise grade forgiveness. Term forgiveness may not be used if grade forgiveness has been implemented.
2. Requests will never be approved for the present term or for the immediately preceding term in which the student was enrolled.
3. Students must complete at least one term at UNF after the term for which they are requesting forgiveness.
4. This policy does not alter the permanent academic record; all courses attempted in the forgiven semester and related grades remain on the student's record. The earned hours associated with a forgiven term, however, are removed.
5. Although courses and grades in the forgiven term appear on the student's permanent academic record, the grade for the courses in forgiven term will not be calculated in any of the student's Grade Point Averages (See the Academic Average (Grade Point Average) Policy.) The original grades will be calculated for the Latin Honors GPA. Using grade or term forgiveness will NOT improve your Latin Honors GPA.
6. This policy reflects UNF grade point calculations only and does not affect the grade point calculation of outside agencies or other institutions who may use all grades, including repeated and forgiven grades, in their calculations of grade point averages.
Students must complete and submit a Term Forgiveness Request Form to One Stop Student Services before graduation. Graduating students who wish to utilize term forgiveness should contact the University Registrar via One Stop Student Services to request special consideration. Forms must be submitted prior to the date posted on the academic calendar for commencement.
Download Term Forgiveness Form
You will need the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view and print this file.
Copyright © 2012 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Contact | Emergency | Privacy | RegulationsDisability Accommodations