Transient Form Process

What is a Transient Student? 

A transient student is one who is already enrolled at UNF and temporarily enrolls at another institution to transfer credits back.


Before pursuing transient enrollment at another institution, students must obtain approval from their UNF academic advising office, UNF Registrar's office, UNF Financial Aid office (if student indicates that they will be receiving aid) and the transient school online by submitting a transient form via


Concurrent enrollment / transient student status is limited to 7 semester hours for lower division students.  


 Exceptions to the above policy will be made for:

  • Students completing the summer residency requirement at a State of Florida Public University may be approved for up to 9 semester hours; however, students will not be approved for 7 hours at a community college and 9 hours at a state university so choose your institution and courses wisely!
  • Study Abroad classes

So, what do I need to do?

  • See an academic advisor to discuss appropriate transient courses.
  • Confirm that those courses are offered at the transient institution during the desired term.
  • Note the transient institution's course number, course title, and credit hours as well as any other prerequisites or co-requisites. This is the information you will need to complete your transient form.
  • Submit a transient student admissions application at to obtain the necessary approvals

How do I complete and submit the transient student admissions application?

First, submit a UNF FLVC PIN through your MyWings account by following these steps:

  • Follow the instructions to create and submit your pin


 Second, complete and submit the application by following these directions:

  • Go to
  • Click STUDENT LOGIN if you have an FLVC / FACTS account. If you do not have one, click CREATE ACCOUNT
  • Once you have logged in, click APPLY, then select TRANSIENT STUDENT ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
  • Enter your UNF N# as your STUDENT ID and enter the password you created via MyWings FLVC PIN MANAGEMENT as your PIN
  • Select ACE(Academic Center for Excellence) as your COLLEGE if you are a freshman or sophomore
  • Enter your information in  the STUDENT INFORMATION SCREEN
  • If you have been approved for transient courses in a previous semester but didn't complete them or if you are applying for multiple courses but don't plan to take them all, indicate that in the STUDENT COMMENTS section.

The form will be approved by:

  • UNF Registrar's Office
  • UNF Financial Aid (if student indicates on the form that they are receiving financial aid)
  • Transient Institution

You will receive email updates as it is approved  by each department. You can also check the status of your transient application through your FLVC account.

Does submitting the transient application take care of my registration and payment at the transient institution?

No. After your transient form has been approved, you will still need to:

  • Register and pay for the course at the transient institution
  • You may also need to provide additional information to the transient institution (like a UNF transcript)
  • If you plan to use financial aid to cover any portion of the cost for transient hours, contact One-Stop for the appropriate guidelines

Downloadable Forms

 Download PDF Version of the Transient Form Process

What do I do after I complete the course? 

All students must order an Official Transcript once the course(s) have been completed.


Send the official transcript to:

University of North Florida 
Office of Admissions 
1 UNF Drive 
Jacksonville, FL 32224