The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) will maintain a cross-trained, knowledgeable advising staff that provides quality service promoting academic integrity, empowerment, and student success in a non-threatening, nurturing environment.
We strive to guide you towards your academic goals by providing information, references, and advice; however, we will not make your choices for you. Advising is an engaging process between the advisor and the advisee where ultimately you are in full control of your educational experience. We are your resource to help you succeed.
*Note: New freshman must meet individually with their academic advisor within the first two months of the semester.
To achieve your ultimate academic goal, you will…
- Prepare to visit your advisor by scheduling appointments and/or coming to walk-in advising early in the semester;
- Arrive early to your appointment and be prepared with all required materials;
- Be knowledgeable of your academic progress and status including: grades, GPA, academic history, academic schedule and standing;
- Clarify personal values and goals, and provide the advisor with accurate information regarding your interests and abilities;
- Check your University of North Florida email daily and reply, respond or take action as required;
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is professional and respectful to others;
- Expect to be responsible for your own actions and decisions
For more information about the role of academic advisors and advisor responsibilities please see the advising syllabus.