Annual Writing Contest
The Annual Writing Contest at the University of North Florida encourages students to display and receive recognition for their skills and creativity. The staff of The Academic Center for Excellence (Founders Hall, Building 2, Room 1200) organizes the contest; faculty from the Department of English read and rank the entries. Entry categories included Poetry, Short Fiction, and Creative Non-Fiction.
Congratulations to the Winners of the 41st Annual
1st place poetry- “About Poetry” by
2nd place poetry-“Madison Co., Ala." by Michelle Acker
1st place fiction- "A Reasonably Dead Gentleman" by Alexandra Wright
2nd place fiction- “The Silver Lining”
by Keaton Groves
Creative Non Fiction
1st place creative non-fiction- "Cracked Sinew and Caked Brain" by Nicolas Michaud
2nd place creative non-fiction-"Surviving Non-Fiction" by April Hutchinson
This year’s winners read their works at the 13th
Annual Showcase of Osprey Advancement in Research and Scholarship (SOARS)
conference on April 20th. We applaud all of those who entered their
work in the contest.
- Only degree-seeking, undergraduate and graduate students enrolled for the current school year may enter. (Current employees of the ACE are not eligible to enter.)
- Only two entries per contestant, per category may be submitted
- No entry can be longer than 2500 words
- All entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com as Microsoft Word attachments
- A completed entry form must accompany each submission
- The contestant's name must NOT appear anywhere on the entry
- Entries that do not follow the submission rules or are missing entry forms will not be accepted
For more information about the Annual Writing Contest please contact ACE at (904) 620-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.