By participating in Session Five, directors will know...
• National research findings on program quality as detailed in the State of Preschool Yearbook.
• The relationship between program quality and child outcomes.
• The roles and responsibilities of an effective director including:
instructional leadership, management, advocacy, professional growth,
• Key research findings derived from the publications of Espinosa, Pianta,
Landry, and other early childhood education experts.
• Leadership practices that can be used to improve and promote positive preschool environments.
By participating in Session Five, directors will be able to...
• Identify national, state, and local criteria used to measure quality of
• Use key research findings as foundational knowledge about improving classroom climate.
• Identify elements of quality that are critical for success in an early
childhood learning environment.
• Assess classroom and center environment using checklists and surveys
based on quality features (other than ITERS and ECERS).