1. Increase the number of quality distance learning courses, curricular strands, certificates and, degree programs.
2. Revise the current distance learning policy to support planned growth.
3. Facilitate the development and monitoring of distance learning programs and the alignment/provisioning of the resources they entail.
Return to Top
5. Require all faculty who teach distance learning courses to complete an approved distance learning training program by fall of 2017.
6. Provide the necessary training programs, services, and additional support staff needed to assist faculty in the development, design, delivery, evaluation and on-going maintenance of new and existing quality distance learning courses.
7. Develop a university policy on copyright and intellectual property rights as related to the development of online instructional materials.
8. Broaden access to distance learning courses and programs in response to student and community needs and in alignment with the larger institutional mission and state workforce development goals.
9. Develop and implement a review process for courses, certificates, and degree programs to be transitioned to or developed for delivery via distance learning.
11. Maintain institutional norms for academic quality and integrity.
To the extent that any of the above items have a direct and substantial impact on negotiable issues, implementation would be subject to compliance with the collective bargaining process.
Distance Learning Strategic Plan
Overview of UNF
UNF's Distance Learning Goals and Action Items
Appendix A - Current Distance Learning Programs
Appendix B - Distance Learning Committee Members
Copyright © 2012 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Contact | Emergency | Privacy | RegulationsDisability Accommodations