College of Arts and Sciences Criteria for Graduate Faculty
Graduate faculty members in the College of Arts & Sciences teach graduate courses (courses at the 5000 level and above), supervise and serve on thesis and/or examining committees for graduate students, and vote on all matters presented to the Graduate Faculty.
A graduate faculty member must:
- Hold the terminal degree in the appropriate discipline;
- Hold the rank of assistant or associate professor, or professor;
- Be tenured or tenure-earning;
- Be involved in graduate teaching or other supervision of graduate students (such as chairing a thesis committee);
- Have demonstrated clear evidence of scholarly activity as defined by the department faculty and approved by the college dean; and
- Be recommended by the chair of the department and the dean of the college, and approved by the Graduate Council.