Promote the development of new graduate programs that are appropriate to UNF’s mission, students, faculty, and the region; ensure the relevance of our programs to our students.
- New promising graduate degree programs.
Foster the maintenance of graduate programs that are appropriately sophisticated, rigorous, and current in both academic content and pedagogical/andragogical presentation.
- Enhanced program review and assessment.
- Improved curricula in all programs.
- Accreditation of all programs that have discipline-specific accreditation bodies.
Cultivate students' advanced knowledge and skills in their chosen fields.
- Stronger student educational and scholarly experiences and products in all programs.
- Better Graduate School policies and processes related to the quality of student work, in particular theses and dissertations.
- Editorial support for theses and dissertations; support for statistical analysis.
Foster instructional excellence in our graduate faculty.
- New initiatives in the Office of Faculty Enhancement focused on graduate level andragogy.
- New initiatives that financially support graduate faculty teaching enhancement.
Promote the relevance of the Graduate School to graduate students.Anticipated Outcomes
- Better communication between the Graduate School and graduate students.
- Ombudsman services for graduate students.
- Enhanced career placement services for graduate students.
- New initiatives to assist graduate students seeking admission to still more advanced educational opportunities.